1. The holder of the contest is the Klub Fantastyki „Druga Era” Association, represented by Pyrkon Fan Convention.
2. The aim of the contest is to support the grassroots fan initiative by conducting three lectures as part of the Science Section at the Pyrkon 2020 Fan Convention.3.
3. The contest entitled „Pyrkon’s Science Section 2020”, hereinafter referred to as „the contest” is executed based on the present regulations by the Program Director of the Pyrkon 2020 Fan Convention, with the cooperation of the Manager of the Science Section at the Pyrkon 2020 Fan Convention.
4. As a result of the contest, three lectures will be conducted in the Science Room as part of the Science Section of the Pyron 2020 Fan Convention (between 8-10.05.2020 at the premises of the Poznań International Fair). The lectures will be held on the following dates: on 8.05.2020, between 3:00 PM -3:45 PM; on 9.05.2020, between. 10:00 AM -10:45 AM; on 10.05.2020, between. 10:00 AM -10:45 AM.
4.1 The contest holder reserves the right to change the above-mentioned hours after consulting the winner of the contest.
4.2 The contest holder reserves the right to assign particular lectures to the dates listed above.
5. Conditions for participation in the contest
5.1 Any natural person or institution deadling in popularizing science may participate in the contest.
5.2 You can only apply for the contest via a dedicated form by 7.11.2019. Participants of the contest, whose applications are selected for the next stage will be notified about this fact via e-mail by 17.11.2019. From the entries selected, ten will be chosen, whose authors will be asked to prepare a 1 (one) to 3 (three) minutes long video by 30.11.2019. In the video, the subject of the lecture is supposed to be provided, with a short presentation of the person/institution applying with this lecture. Failure to provide a video shall constitute a resignation from participation in the contest. After this deadline, the videos will be published on a website and in social media.
5.3 Applications constituting a commercial offer, not in accordance with the present rules an regulations and the law applicable in the Republic of Poland will be rejected.
5.4 The contest holder requires the Applicant to demonstrate experience in conducting this type of lectures.
5.5 It is forbidden to include inviting guests, invited speakers, games, lotteries and attractions charged extra in the application. It is also forbidden to act on behalf of other natural persons or institutions.
5.6 Ten best projects will be announced on 01.12.2019 via the website and the social media of the Pyrkon Fan Convention. Then, all proposals will be presented in the form of a survey on Facebook, from amongst which by 8.12.2019 three winning applications will be selected by public vote.
5.7 The ten best proposals shall be chosen taking into consideration the accordance with the formula and the subject matter of the convention, the accordance with the subject matter of the Science Section (which is understood as science or popular science related nature of the lecture) as well as innovativeness, which is understood as uniqueness of the attraction compared to other events of this type in Poland.
5.8 In case of the lack of a possibility to execute any of the three winning program events, the contest holder reserves the right to attempt to execute the events voted 4th (fourth) or 5th (fifth).
6. The contest holder reserves the possibility to not execute the winning attraction if its feasibility proves impossible due to time-related, logistics-related or organizational reasons, due to non-compliance with the regulations of the event, the regulations of the PIF, the law applicable in the Republic of Poland, due to chance factors or other factors not listed above.
7. The contest holder reserves the right to cancel the contest in case the event is cancelled, its date is changed due to the chance factor or other factors not listed above.