Regulations for Fan Convention Pyrkon 2018
1. Each participant of the Fan Convention Pyrkon 2018 (further referred to as “Pyrkon”) accepts these Regulations while buying or receiving a ticket and obliges to comply with the conditions of these Regulations.
2. All participants of Pyrkon must acknowledge, accept and comply with the conditions of these Regulations. If the above obligation is not met, this may not serve as the basis for any claims towards Stowarzyszenie Klub Fantastyki “Druga Era” (further referred to as “Organizer”) and/or its members.
3. People that do not comply with the Regulations may be removed from the Pyrkon’s area without the right to refund for the ticket and reimbursement of any other costs. They may be asked to present their ID and their personal details will be provided to the ticket’s office.
4. The Regulations will be available:
- on the website www.pyrkon.pl and www.eventim.pl,
- at ticket offices.
5. Pyrkon takes place at Międzynarodowe Targi Poznańskie (Poznań International Fair) at 14 Głogowska Street in Poznań – pavilions: 3, 3A, 5, 5A, southern part of pavilion 6A, 7, 8, 10, 14, 15 and the surrounding area (hereinafter referred to as PIF) on 18-20 May 2018.
6. The Pyrkon’s area is open to participants in following hours:
- pavilions: 3, 3A, 6A, 7 and 14 PIF – from 10:00 a.m. on Friday until 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, unless the notices placed at the pavilion entrance state otherwise;
- pavilions: 6A, 7 and 14 PIF – from 12:00 p.m. on Friday until 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, unless the notices placed at the pavilion entrance state otherwise;
- pavilion 8 PIF – from 12:00 p.m. until 9 p.m. on Friday from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. on Saturday and from 10:00 a.m. till 6 p.m. on Sunday, unless the notices placed at the pavilion entrance state otherwise;
- pavilion 5 and 5A PIF– from 2:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. on Friday, from 10:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, unless the notices placed at the pavilion entrance state otherwise;
- pavilion 15 PIF – from 2:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. on Friday, from 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, unless the notices placed at the pavilion entrance state otherwise.
Holders of one-day tickets may stay at the Pyrkon’s area until 6:00 a.m. of the following day or – in the case of Sunday tickets – until the end of Pyrkon.
7. Only participants that have proper identifier are entitled to stay within the Pyrkon’s area.
8. Each participant is obliged to carry their identifier in a visible place. If a participant intentionally takes their identifier off, damages it or destroys it in any other way, they might not be allowed into the Pyrkon’s area or they might be removed from it. If the identifier was damaged accidentally, you need to report it to the ticket office in order to purchase a new ticket.
9. People that do not have an identifier will be showed out by the security team.
10. The Organizer shall not be liable for physical, financial and psychological damage incurred by the participants.
a) There will be an emergency medical assistance point at Pyrkon, manned by paramedics and EMTs that will provide medical healthcare in line with their professional qualifications.
b) Medical assistance at Pyrkon will be provided in case of emergencies. Emergency medical assistance will be provided at the place of the accident or in the medical assistance points indicated by the Organizers.
c) Those who suffer from a chronic disease, allergy, etc., are obliged to have their own medication and to have valid information about their health condition, disease, and any problems regarding potential treatment.
d) The injured/sick people treated at the emergency medical assistance point will be required to present an ID and/or passport and/or school ID.
e) Medical assistance points do not provide a deposit service and are not liable for the participants’ valuables.
f) If during the examination there is a justified suspicion that physical injury or medical problem was caused in connection with committing a crime, the medical care specialist will notify the Organizer, and the Organizer must notify law enforcements about the given incident immediately.
g) In justified cases, the injured participant might be transported to a Healthcare Facility.
12. Underage participants must obtain a consent of your parent or legal guardian to participate in Pyrkon along with the telephone number of your parent or legal guardian, and present it at the ticket office and have it all time. The consent form is available:
- on the website www.pyrkon.pl; www.eventim.pl,
- at ticket offices.
13. The Organizer is not responsible for the items left unattended or lost. There are cloakrooms within the Pyrkon area where you can safely deposit your jackets and luggage.
14. It is forbidden to enter Pyrkon while carrying:
- any weapons, as defined in the current Weapons and Ammunition Act;
- pneumatic weapons (ASG, paintball);
- ammunition to weapons mentioned above;
- melee weapons (except for knives and so-called safe LARP weapons);
- training weapons (bokkens, riding crops, etc.);
- toxic, malodorous or flammable substances.
15. Items listed in 14 may only be carried into the Pyrkon’s area with the consent of the Programme Coordinator, provided that they are necessary to organize a programme event.
16. Pneumatic weapons (ASG, paintball) may be carried into the Pyrkon’s area if:
- the drives are disconnected (no batteries, empty gas canisters);
- released springs;
- clips and ammunition chambers are empty;
- safety catch is on.
17. During Pyrkon, it is forbidden to point weapons or any dangerous tool at another Pyrkon participant, unless they consented to it (e.g. while posing to take a photo).
18. Pyrkon’s Participants are obliged to keep the Pyrkon’s area – inside and between the PIF buildings – clean and tidy.
19. Participants are allowed to consume alcohol only in specified places at PIF – at the restaurant located in pavilion 6A. It is forbidden to carry and consume alcohol in other pavilions at PIF.
20. It is forbidden to smoke within the Pyrkon’s area. Smoking is allowed in specified places within PIF.
21. Possession and use of any narcotics and psychotropic substances is forbidden.
22. People under the influence of alcohol, other drugs or psychotropic substances may be removed from the Pyrkon’s area.
23. Each Participant must behave properly and follow the decisions of the Organizer. Any complaints against the decisions of the Organizers may be submitted to the Festival’s Coordinators – their decision is final. In the case of an argument between Pyrkon’s Participants, the determining authority is Main Coordinator, whose decision is final.
24. The Organizer is not liable for the damage caused by the Pyrkon’s Participants. The perpetrators are liable (also financially) for any damage.
25. Any advertising materials whose presence at the Festival was not agreed with the Festival’s Organizer will be removed from the Pyrkon’s area along with their distributors. Such people will be obliged to pay the cost of any damage incurred as a result of their actions.
26. Night-time accommodation is available only in pavilion 3 and 3A at PIF. If there is no more room, please contact the Organizers.
27. Quiet hours are imposed in specified areas in the sleeping pavilion between 12:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. Those who sleep in the sleeping pavilion, are required to behave in good manners and keep the place – and themselves – clean and tidy.
28. If you are a Speaker, you must left the lecture room in the same condition as it was before your event. If the room is seriously damaged when Speakers enters it, they are obliged to notify Organizers.
29. If you are eligible for a ticket discount for organizing programme events and if you do not meet your obligation, you must pay the amount corresponding to the value of discount.
30. Contest prizes take the form of vouchers functioning as the Festival’s currency that may be exchanged for prizes at the shop. Remaining vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
31. People that help to prepare and conduct Pyrkon, and carry an identifier with the inscription “Organizer” or “Coordinator” are not allowed to participate in contests or tournaments taking place during Pyrkon. If a contest or a tournament is organized by entities or organisations other than the Organizer, the representatives and employees of such entities and organisations cannot participate in contests and tournaments organized during Pyrkon.
32. It is forbidden to copy multimedia products protected by copyrights and to trade illegal copies of such products during Pyrkon.
33. The Organizer is not liable for and does not identify with the opinions expressed by the Participants (including Speakers) during the Festival.
34. It is forbidden to bring animals into the Pyrkon’s area. The prohibition does not apply to guide animals for disabled people.
35. It is strictly forbidden to conduct political activities within the Pyrkon’s area, in particular election campaign and political canvassing. If you do not comply with that prohibition, you may be removed from the Pyrkon’s area.
36. Each participant must treat the other Participants with respect. Physical or verbal abuse might result in being removed from the Festival and reported to the authorities. The full description of rules against harassment can be found on website www.pyrkon.pl.