Are you wondering what this whole Masquerade business is all about, want to take part in it or be in the audience and admire this wonderful show, but you’ve got some questions? Then you’re in the right place! Here you will find the answers to all the most frequently asked questions and detailed information about the Masquerade and cosplay at Pyrkon.
- What is The Masquerade?
- What is cosplay?
- What is an own design?
- Must the costumes submitted for the Masquerade be hand-made?
- Does the participant have to prove that he made the costume himself?
- What categories are the categories and prizes awarded during The Masquerade?
- Can minors participate in The Masquerade?
- How can you watch The Masquerade?
- How to contact Zula Costumes, the Masquerade’s coordinator?
- When is the application deadline for participating in the Masquerade?
- What is the deadline by which the participants who applied shall receive information on who will have the possibility to participate in the Masquerade?
- Will all the volunteers be accepted to participate in the Masquerade?
- How many performances will be accepted for the Masquerade?
- Can you present previously awarded costumes?
- What should an application include?
- Can you send the background music in after the deadline for applications?
- I sent an application, but it has an error. How can I fix it?
- What should a good background music look like?
- What should a well-prepared stage lighting description look like?
- What should the photographs of the costume for the application be like?
- Will I receive a reception confirmation after filling in the application?
- When will I receive the information whether my application was accepted?
- Who can enter the backstage?
- What is the equipment available in the changing rooms for the participants of the Masquerade?
- Can the Masquerade be watched from backstage?
THE JURY ROUND
- What is a jury round?
- How to prepare for the jury round?
- Do groups enter the jury round together?
- Who can come to the jury round with the participant?
- What is the language the jury round is conducted in?
- Who is in the Masquerade's jury?
- What is the size and shape of the stage?
- How much time do I have for the stage performance?
- Is the stage rehearsal mandatory?
- Does the scene have a smoke generator?
- Does the scene have UV lights?
- Does the stage have strobe lighting?
- Does the stage have colourful lights?
- Does the stage provide for the full blackout effect?
- Can you use fire on stage?
- Can I use video as part of my performance?
- Is the set design being judged?
- How many people can perform on stage together?
- Can I use extras when performing solo?
- Why is a model used to present the costume?
- Is there someone who will help me carry the set design and props onto the stage?
COSPLAY AT PYRKON
- Can I wear a costume to Pyrkon if I am not a participant of the Masquerade?
- Can I carry cosplay weapons around the fair grounds?
- Is there a changing room for cosplayers?
- Where can I leave my belongings when I am wearing a costume?
- Will cosplayers receive discounts for the Pyrkon ticket?
- Can cosplayers carrying large props enter the convention grounds outside of the queue in order not to damage them?