What is Pyrkon?
Pyrkon is a convention for fans of broadly defined fantasy organized in Poznan. From the very beginning Pyrkon has been organized by the Fantasy Club “Druga Era”.
The first edition of Pyrkon took place in 2000 on a primary school in Dębiec district. At first it was a small convention, but the idea seemed to kick out. Since then Pyrkon has been evolving nonstop, drawing more and more fans every year. Today it’s the biggest festival of its kind in Poland and one of the largest in Europe! Because of the growing number of participants the convention was moved to the Poznan International Fair in 2011. In 2019 Pyrkon was visited by over
120 000 people.
There is a place in the world that’s purely magical and it’s in Poznań, Poland. Buzzing with people’s excitement and bursting with color, it’s a place for virtually anyone who is into fantasy and science fiction in any shape or form.
Right now the XX edition of the convention is being prepared!
For many years, constantly, there has been a friendly atmosphere on our convention. Despite the still growing number of participants it is a festival where everyone feels safe and welcome. If you want to know what you can take with yourself to Pyrkon and how to behave, we recommend reading the Pyrkon Codex.
The Pyrkon Codex
What attractions does Pyrkon provide?
- Tens of rooms filled with attractions: Cosplay, lectures, competitions, workshops, exhibitions and shows out of this world.
- True heaven for fans of fantastic gadgets – over 14 000 m2 of shops with jewelry, figurines, games, clothes and gadgets – in short, everything you could possibly dream of.
- An occasion to meet amazing guests! Over the years we have been visited by: Peter Watts, David Weber, Mark Rein Hagen, John Wick, John Layman, Shane Lacy Hensley, Ted Chaing, Jacek Dukaj, Eoin O’Doherty, Graham Masterton, Jacek Grzędowicz, Dmitry Glukhovsky, Tad Williams, Sandy Petersen, Cameron Stewart, Olga Gromyko, Charles Stross, Lauren Beukes, Nathaniel Buzolic, Timo Vuorensola and many others.
- A huge Games Room for all keen fans and beginners in their adventure with tabletop games.
- A great Video Games Block – you will find here consoles, tournaments, showrooms, Indie Games and Retro Games Zones.
- Fantastic encampments in which you can view the costumes, take part in activities straight from history and make unusual commemorative photos.
And first of all, Pyrkon is fun!
About the organizer
The Fantasy Club “Druga Era” (Second Age) has been working actively for 19 years, gathering enthusiasts of literature, games and movies connected with fantasy. Now the essential function is to organize the Pyrkon convention, as well as RPG sessions, board game playing meetings and literature discussions.
The Club includes over 70 members and sympathizers. We invite people of all ages, with any knowledge about fantasy, who’d like to meet new people, and are willing to do social work in the name of culture and have good fun at the same time!
For more information visit https://www.drugaera.org.