Regulations for the Vendors of the Pyrkon 2023 Fan Convention
- The organizer of the Pyrkon 2023 Fan Convention, hereinafter referred to as the Convention, is the Stowarzyszenie Klub Fantastyki “Druga Era” Association in Poznan, hereinafter referred to as the Organizer.
- Vendors are understood as all entities that have concluded or are in the process of concluding cooperation agreements with the Organizer covering the setting up of a booth at the Convention.
- The Organizer reserves the right to appoint a Supervisor for each Vendor.
- These Regulations are an integral part of the Booth set up agreement.
- One Vendor may set up only one booth. In particularly justified cases, as long as technical and organizational conditions allow, with the approval of the Vendors’ Director, a vendor may set up another booth under the terms and conditions determined by the Vendors’ Director.
- The organizer may refuse to confirm the application and conclude a cooperation agreement covering the set up of a booth without giving any reason. In this case, the Organizer shall notify about the refusal to confirm the application and conclusion of the aforementioned agreement by e-mail no later than by 17.04.2023.
- The organizer reserves the right to reduce the area applied for by the Vendor without giving any reason.
- The Vendor undertakes to set up a commercial or exhibition booth at the location designated by the Organizer. For technical and organizational reasons, the Organizer does not guarantee the designation of a specific booth location in the hall.
- The vendor undertakes to exhibit only items that are legally allowed to be traded and that do not infringe the rights of third parties relating to intellectual property, in particular, within the meaning of the Act of February 4, 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (ie. Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1231.) and the Act of June 30, 2000 Industrial Property Law (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 776, as amended). In the event of infringement of the rights referred to above, the Vendor shall be solely responsible for infringement of the rights of third parties.
- A vendor may trade at his booth only after completing all formalities in accordance with relevant regulations and at his own risk. The Organizer is not responsible for the goods sold at the Vendor’s booth. Content presented at the Vendor’s booth must not be contrary to the law, good morals or rules of social coexistence.
- The Organizer may order the Vendor to immediately remove from the booth elements posing a threat to the safety of persons or property and violating points 9, 10 and 12 of the Regulations, as well as those inciting hatred or committing a crime.
- It is forbidden to sell:
a. weapons as defined by the current Law on Arms and Ammunition;
b. ammunition for the above;
d. white weapons with the exception of objects with blunt edges – knives, copies of white weapons, training weapons and replicas of improvised weapons, provided that they are carried in a manner that does not pose a danger to other participants;
e. explosives and pyrotechnics;
f. toxic, smelly or flammable substances.
- The final decision regarding the possibility of selling weapons or items that may be considered dangerous on the Convention grounds rests with the Vendors’ Director and his designated services.
- The Vendor (including the person working at the booth) is required to maintain sobriety while working at the booth. If there is a reasonable suspicion that a Vendor, including a person working a booth, is intoxicated, the Organizer reserves the right to test the employee (Vendor) with a breathalyzer. An Intoxicated Vendor (person working the booth) is required to leave the booth until sober under penalty of removal from the Convention area. Refusal by a Vendor or person working the booth to submit to a breathalyzer test shall be considered an admission of the charge of being intoxicated.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any damage caused by the Vendor or by items of equipment that are part of the Vendor’s booth.
- No on-site food and beverage preparation booths may be set up in the vendors’ hall without written or email approval from the Vendors’ Director.
- All structures within the booth should be reported to the Organizer before signing the contract no later than by 19.05.2023. The Vendor is required to complete documentation for such construction in accordance with the MTP Technical Regulations. For structures over 3.5 meters in height, all documents must be certified by a person with a construction license. Necessary documentation: TheMTP Technical Regulations and Contractor’s Statement.
- The organizer reserves the right to set up its own commercial or exhibition booths.
- A vendor may hold a raffle at his booth only after completing all formalities in accordance with relevant regulations. The vendor may organize such a raffle solely at its own risk, and the Organizer shall not be liable to the Convention participants or the competent authorities.
- The vendor is required to provide persons to work the booth throughout the time the hall is open to participants. These hours are presented in section 56 of these regulations.
- The Organizer reserves the right to charge the Vendor with the costs associated with the repair of damaged or destroyed booth equipment (buildings, tables, chairs and others). Accordingly, the Vendor is required to sign a protocol with the Organizer for the acceptance and return of the booth.
- In the event of failure to sign the booth take-over protocol before leaving the Convention, the Vendor will be charged a penalty of the equivalent of 20% of the cost of booth rental and rental of each item of booth equipment according to the booth price list.
- The Vendor has the right to sublease all or part of the rented exhibition space to another entity (Co-Vendor) only with the prior written consent of the Organizer. In case of violation of this provision, the Organizer will be entitled to impose a contractual penalty on the Vendor in the amount of up to 100% of the net value under the agreement.
- The Vendor is fully responsible for its Co-Vendors.
- Co-Vendors are required to comply with the provisions of the Regulations for Vendors and the Fan Convention Regulations. In the event of a gross violation of, in particular, provision 23 of the Vendor Regulations by a Co-Vendor, the Organizer may refuse to cooperate with such Co-Vendor in the organization of the next two editions of the Convention.
- The Vendor may – within the booth or elsewhere at the Convention – play copyrighted works in public only in accordance with the Law on Copyright and Related Rights. The Organizer shall not be liable for the Vendor’s acts or omissions resulting in infringement of third party copyrights to the extent indicated above.
- Vendors in the Mini Zone are required to use equipment provided by the Organizer (i.e. tables and chairs). It is not possible to opt out of the equipment included in the package.
Barter settlement – Vouchers
- The Organizer may offer the possibility of barter settlement to selected Vendors.
- The settlement amount will be determined individually with the Vendor.
- The organizer will issue Vouchers to the winners of the contests, which they will have the right to exchange at the designated Vendor for goods of their choice.
- The Vendor will undertake in the agreement to redeem vouchers in a predetermined amount between 16-18.06.2023.
- A single voucher will be issued for a specific amount: PLN 50 or PLN 100 or PLN 200 and will be redeemed by the participant(s) at the specific Vendor indicated on the voucher.
- The voucher cannot be exchanged by the contest participant for cash either at the Organizer or at the Vendor’s.
- In case the price of the goods is lower than the value of the voucher, the Vendor does not pay the rest in cash.
- If the price of the goods is higher than the value of the voucher, the participant must pay the missing amount in cash.
- Vouchers can only be redeemed during the Convention between 16.-18.06.2023. Vouchers that are not redeemed on these days lose their validity.
- The organizer also has the right to redeem the voucher for goods from the Vendor in question.
- A Vendor cannot refuse to redeem a voucher with the name of his booth on it.
- The Vendor may not demand a higher price for the goods than the price charged at the booth. The voucher entitles the winner to purchase the goods, taking into account any promotions and discounts the Vendor offers at the booth.
- The voucher allows you to purchase any available and displayed goods at the Vendor’s booth.
- In order to verify the number of vouchers redeemed, the Organizer will collect all vouchers redeemed by the Vendor on Sunday (after 4 p.m.).
Payment terms and deadlines
- The Vendor undertakes to pay the price of the booth in accordance with the date specified in the agreement, but no later than 15.05.2023.
- In the event of cancellation of the cooperation agreement by the Vendor, covering the exhibition of the booth, the booth fee paid by the Vendor shall be refunded:
in the amount of 100% of the fee paid if cancellation occurs by April 01, 2023
in the amount of 75% of the fee paid if cancellation occurs by April 15, 2023
in the amount of 50% of the fee paid if cancellation occurs by May 1, 2023.
- Resignation at a later date entails no refund of the amounts in question. In the event that the Vendor has withdrawn from the agreement before paying the booth fee, the Vendor shall pay the amount referred to above under the terms and conditions specified above.
- Settlements with the Vendor related to the cancellation of participation in the Convention will be made within 30 days after the end of the Convention.
- In the event of cancellation of Pyrkon 2023, the Organizer shall provide an automatic refund of fees paid by Vendors, within the deadline of:
- 90 days from the date of cancellation of this event, if the cancellation was related to the negative effects of COVID-19.
- 30 days from the date of cancellation, if the cancellation is due to any other reason on the part of the Organizer, especially due to force majeure (force majeure is understood as external events beyond the control of the Organizer and impossible to predict, such as, in particular, war, fire, epidemics (other than COVID-19), floods, communication blockages of supra-regional character, social disasters or disasters of structures or buildings).
- In the event of the time or location of Pyrkon 2023 changing, the Vendor shall be obliged to request a refund of the paid booth fee within 30 days from the date of announcement of the change in the time or location of Pyrkon 2023 on the Pyrkon 2023 website. Failure to do so means that the Vendor is willing to participate in Pyrkon 2023 at a new location or time.
- The fee will be refunded to the bank account from which it was paid, unless the Vendor provides a different bank account in the return application (an email form is sufficient).
- The Organizer shall not reimburse other costs incurred by the Vendor in connection with the cancellation or change of time or location of Pyrkon 2023 in case the cancellation, change of time or location of Pyrkon occurs for reasons beyond the control of the Organizer.
- All booths not notified and not agreed with the Organizer will be removed, and the costs associated with their removal will be borne by the owner of that booth.
- Vendors with a booth may set up roll-ups, hang banners, posters, and distribute leaflets within the booth; outside the booth, they may do so only by prior arrangement with the Organizer (for an additional fee and only in places designated by the Organizer).
- All roll-ups, banners, flyers and posters placed outside the booth without prior arrangement with the Organizer will be removed, and the costs associated with their removal will be borne by the owner of that stand. Distribution of leaflets outside the booth is prohibited. Failure to comply with the above prohibition will result in a fine to the issuer.
- Placing the name of the Convention or a part of it, as well as placing the logo of the Convention or a part of it on the products sold is not allowed without concluding an agreement with the Organizer. Violation of this rule will result in the immediate expulsion of the Vendor from the Convention grounds and the necessity of paying damages to the Organizer and exercising other rights under applicable regulations.
- The organizer undertakes to make available Vendors’ halls (pavilion 5 and 5A) :
on 15.06.2023 (Thursday) from 10:00-21:00. Only Vendors with maxi and standard booths can set up on Thursday. Vendors with mini booths are welcome to visit the hall from Friday;
16.06.2023 (Friday) from 9:00 to 22:00;
17.06.2023 (Saturday) from 9:00 to 22:00;
18.06.2023 (Sunday) from 9:00 to 20:00.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the date of availability of space in the vendors’ hall after informing Vendors by email if the change occurs before the Convention, or by hanging notices at the entrance to the hall if the change occurs during the Convention.
- During the Convention, the vendors’ halls (pavilions 5 and 5A) will be available to Convention participants:
16.06.2023 (Friday) from 14.00 to 21.00 (closing doors for those entering at 20.30);
17.06.2023 (Saturday) from 10.00 to 21.00 (closing doors for those entering at 20.30);
18.06.2023 (Sunday) from 10.00 to 16.00.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the hours of availability of the vendors’ hall for Convention participants after informing Vendors by email if the change occurs before the start of the Convention, or by hanging notices at the entrance to the hall if the change occurs during the Convention.
- The organizer undertakes to secure the vendors’ hall during its closing hours.
- The organizer is not materially responsible for items left at the booths during the closing of the vendors’ hall.
- The organizer shall not be held financially responsible for any damage caused by the Convention participants within the stands during the opening of the vendors’ hall to visitors.
- The Vendor is required to remove empty packages from the booth and the area around it before the hall opens to participants.
- The Vendor is required to maintain the cleanliness and aesthetics of the booth during the hours of availability for participants.
Admission and entry to MTP grounds
- The Vendor will receive a document authorizing entry to the grounds of the Poznań International Fair. The organizer does not guarantee the availability of parking spaces.
- The organizer is not materially responsible for vehicles left on the grounds of the Poznań International Fair.
- The Vendor is obliged to comply with the parking rules designated by the Organizer (indicated on the so-called entry passes provided with the badges). Vehicles left in unauthorized areas will be subject to towing at the Vendor’s expense.
- The “Vendor” entrance pass (badge) is for booth staff only, as it allows access to the vendors’ hall during hours not available to participants. The “Vendor” badge entitles you to use the attractions of the Convention.
- The organizer reserves the right to limit the number of entries allowed for a given booth.
- The Organizer is not responsible for Vendor’s shipments sent to a mailing address other than the one specified by the Organizer.
- Shipments should be sent to:
If delivered by 09.06.2023.
Pyrkon – Klub Fantastyki “Druga Era”
- If delivered from 13.06.2023.
Pyrkon pawilon 5
Międzynarodowe Targi Poznańskie
- Large-size shipments, including shipments on pallets, unless otherwise specified, should be sent directly to the address of the MTP within the delivery period from 13.06.2023.
- The Vendor is obliged to describe all packages on a form, the template of which will be sent by the Organizer via e-mail. The Organizer is not responsible for parcels not described or described not according to the template. Downloadable file: LABEL
- The Organizer should be informed about shipments addressed to the address of MTP by e-mail (by contacting the designated Supervisor).
- All packages after the Convention must be picked up by the ordered couriers on Monday, June 19, 2023 by 2:00 pm. The organizer does not act as an intermediary in ordering courier services. All parcels (including large-size parcels) to be shipped from the Poznań International Fair on Monday must be at the parcel warehouse by 8:00 p.m. on Sunday at a location designated by the Organizer (do not leave parcels at the vendor’s booth). The organizer is not responsible for packages not picked up on time.
- It is forbidden to give autographs at sales booths. Convention guests may hand out autographs at the Authors’ Stage designated by the Organizer, by prior arrangement with the Organizer.
- The convention’s volunteers do not assist Vendors in setting up booths, unless a separate agreement expressly stipulates the terms of such assistance.
- The above Regulations are subject to change until 01.05.2023. The Organizer undertakes to inform Vendors by e-mail about the change of the Regulations.